FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
COVID 19 UPDATE – August
PROTECT YOURSELF AND OTHERS
If you are feeling unwell or displaying symptoms of Covid-19 , a cold or flu, do not attend & seek medical advice.
– stay home if you have tested positive for Covid 19
– stay home if you have travelled from overseas recently and are under quarantine orders.
-stay home if you have been in contact with someone diagnosed with the virus.
Face Coverings- are mandatory from 11:59 Sunday 2nd Aug for ALL Victorians leaving home.
- We have cleaning protocols in place to ensure your safety and ours.
- Hand sanitizer is available on site, participants must clean their hands on arrival.
- Disposable ear protection is provided and we encourage participants to bring their own sunglasses, otherwise we can provide sanitized eye protection gear .
- All equipment is sanitized before your use.
- Shooting stands are positioned at over 1.5 m apart as per social distancing rules between participants
- Social distancing will be enforced at our ranges
- A maximum number of participants for each session is determined and will comply with the current Victorian Government regulations and may change without notice.
- Due to limited group gathering sizes, spectators are not permitted during our sessions.
- We are open by appointment only. No walk in traffic.
- Catering, transport, BBQ facilities and some of our packages may not be available due to restrictions.
- On completion of your experience/event you must leave the premises.
All participants will be shooting in a cage, which limits the movement of the firearm, with an instructor by their side. Furthermore, only our instructors will be handling the ammunition during your session. During your session they will load and unload the firearms. We also provide safety glasses an ear protection.
In addition to focus on the importance of safety at the range, we aim for participants to leave our sessions with a significant understanding of safety and responsible firearm handling. We are proud to say that we have been accident free since we started operating in 2007.
You can book any of our packages. We cater for all skill levels, from novice to experienced participants. Our instructors will be by your side coaching you when you shoot. We guarantee that you’ll hit targets on the day!
This is not necessary, but an approximate number of participants are needed to plan the day’s events and to allow for the correct amount of instructors for each session. Please contact us if the approximate number originally estimated upon booking drops or rises dramatically.
For group packages, there is no minimum participant numbers, however a minimum fee applies to each shooting package. We offer a variety of packages for individuals and all group sizes. We can help you select the best package for you based on your requirements and group size.
As for maximum numbers, we are not limited. If you have the time we can run the event. Also, we can customize a package for the very large groups to suit within your budget and time frame.
*COVID 19 – we abide to the current Victorian Government Regulations for maximum number of participants in a group.
To participate in an Oz Shooting event participants must be 12 years old. A parent/guardian must sign for all participants under 18 years of age. However, to participate in a Come ‘n’ Try session the age requirement is 15+.
*COVID 19 – minors can only attend a session with a participating parent/legal guardian. No spectators permitted at our venue due to limited group numbers.
No, we won’t cancel an event due to a bad weather report and since it’s an outdoor sport we advise participants to bring the appropriate clothing for the day. We will stop in bad weather and resume once cleared or eased. Furthermore, our Epping range is an all weather range, shooting stands are undercover for your comfort.
Please wear closed toe shoes. Thongs, singlets and camouflage clothing are not permitted.
Oz shooting enforces a zero alcohol / drugs policy for all participants prior and during their event. Alcohol consumption is only allowed after an event has been completed.
For smaller groups, please book any of our sessions available on line easily and securely. Our Come ‘n’ Try sessions are available on selected dates only and small group private sessions offer larger availability.
For group package sessions we require a non refundable $340 – $700 deposit (depending on the package selected) to confirm your booking.
For all other sessions (Come ‘n’ Try & Private small group sessions) we require full payment at time of booking.
Balance payments are required to be cleared in our bank 10 days prior to your event date.
We accept credit card(over the phone) and direct deposits.